In 2018, we started an exciting new venture – TJF onsite farm camps! Camps are different from clinics in that they are an immersive experience. Camps include discussions, coffee chats, demonstrations, and group sessions that last as long as riders and horses need. Numbers are kept low to ensure that each rider and horse receive individual attention. Camp fees include board, hook-ups for trailers, and evening BBQ (weather permitting!).
As our facilities grow and develop, we have so much to offer horses and riders, including:
- 200′ x 80′ heated indoor arena, GGT footing, and a full set of jumps with fill, a liverpool, chevron, and others
- barn with cross ties for grooming, wash bay, and two stalls with soft stall mats
- large outdoor schooling cross-country field with a bank, series of five ditches, and soon, a water complex
- large outdoor grass paddocks
- areas for hacking out with lots of terrain
- bathroom with shower, coffee room with fridge and microwave.
Each camp has a specific focus and is tailored to the horses and riders participating. In 2018, we hosted clinics that focused on:
- July Camp – the inaugural camp focused on understanding, communicating, and exploring the rider/horse relationship
- August Camp – sport psych skills with Dr. Terry Clark
- September Camp – ground work and flat riding
- December workshop – sport psych skills with Dr,. Terry Clark
We have two camps scheduled for the remainder of 2019:
Aug 30 – Sept 1: Invitational camp with co-clinician Mikal Robinson from Texas. This includes individual work with Mikal and group work with Noel. Mikal spent three years working with Buck Brannaman and is in high demand starting and working with challenging horses.
Sept 28-29: keeping you and your horse fresh over the down time!
Watch the website and Facebook for notices of upcoming clinics. To be included on the TJF email list, contact tjfoffice(at)gmail.com.
Comments on past camps:
I just had to share how much the clinic with Noel & Terry made a difference for me. I had my regular dressage lesson last night and it was the best lesson ever. I had so much mental clarity and confidence in myself. Thanks again so much. Now my coach wants to do one of these clinics after seeing the change in me!!!!!
The camps were so great this summer. The first camp was great, it seems so long ago and in hindsight it was good prep for the second camp, as far as the experience of understanding the themes/areas of pressure, exposure, riding, openness, etc. were concerned. The second camp was really special…. Honestly it’s not everyday you can show up to a camp with 2 clinicians and 5 riders…all day. So fun! It was pretty cool watching Noel & Terry work together and being part of that experience. You really have created a great community of horse people. It’s awesome. Thanks & big thanks to Terry for being awesome and to Noel for being so open!